Anston House

Home Forums Bulletin board Anston House

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Lindfield 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Janice mentioned there was a planning application appearing on the Brighton and Hove Planning Portal. It’s here.

The planning application on behalf of Savills was rejected as invalid on the grounds that the applicants hadn’t paid the full fee required, that their drawings weren’t up to scratch and that the application was for 45 flats, when the previous application for change of use was only for 44 flats.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  William Shaw.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hi William, thanks for the link. This Planning Detail (Application number: BH2013/04228, December 2013) looks like a the beginning of a new application at a stage before consultation. Something called Certificate of Lawfulness for change of use from offices (B1) to residential (C3) to form 44no residential units.

We usually get written planning notices from the council and I have not seen a new one for Anston house since December. Presumably we will get the planning application consultation notice through the door in time.

William Shaw
    Keymaster

I think it looks like they’re planning to work on it under the assumption they don’t need planning permission – since the change of use application last year they appear to be able to convert the building to flats under “Lawful Developlment”.

. They’ve applied to the council for clarification:

http://ww3.brighton-hove.gov.uk/index.cfm?request=c1199915&action=showDetail&application_number=BH2013%2F04228

Allan Grainger

I have just checked the BHCC website and there are no drawings for the proposed plans (Application number: BH2013/04228) – interesting

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Yes that’s right. I assume they don’t think they actually need to submit any plans.

Because it’s not actually submitting plans, just confirming that this is allowable development.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  William Shaw.

Allan Grainger

Will keep by binoculars focussed on the recent activity around Anston House. The work seems to be small scale at the moment.

William Shaw
    Keymaster

They’ve cleaned off the graffiti and have made it weatherproof – mostly.

I THINK (complete guess) they’re preparing to sell it as a place with potential with the right to convert to flats established.

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Some surveyors on the second empty site today by the way, so something’s going on.

Bruce Lindfield
    Participant

If they sell it on, then it will probably be another few years before the new owners even think about development – just another delaying tactic, sadly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar