Mobile phone coverage

Home Forums Bulletin board Mobile phone coverage

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sam Turton 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Most of us should have had a copy of Frances Tiplady’s leaflet through our doors. It’s a really big problem for a lot of people. She’s just emailed the site with this message:

Hi, I recently leafleted Dyke Road Drive, to find out if any of my neighbours are having the same problems as me, such as intermittent or no mobile phone service, calls dropping and cutting off after a few seconds on a call, no ability to send or receive texts and no 4G or 3G internet service. From the response, it appears that despite what the networks tell us, we are in a major black spot, and are probably paying for phone contracts that are useless to us. The reasons for this are unclear, but my service with EE has certainly become worse over the last few months, and I wonder if this is connected to work on the railway opposite. I welcome any comments or suggestions from fellow residents, and would be interested to know if there is a service with any of the networks, so I can take steps to cancel my current contract and move to another company. I would also be interested to hear if anyone has any technical knowledge, and can confirm whether it is possible that the railway is responsible for the interference. I look forward to hearing from you.

Please complain to your networks. It would be great to get something done about it.

William Shaw
    Keymaster

I’ve emailed Three about this. I’ll see what they say.

Charlie
    Participant

When I complained to Three about the lousy signal a few months ago they provided me with an app called “Three In Touch” which allows you to make/receive calls and SMS messages via your WiFi. It works reasonably well but is certainly no substitute for a decent mobile signal.
    Charlie

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Yes… I’ve been pointed in that direction too!

Sam Turton
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I found the mobile signal so terrible with EE that I switched to O2 (or giffgaff, which runs on the O2 network) and the coverage is much better. Not perfect, but good enough to make calls in most parts of the house.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar