Report an accident

Home Forums Bulletin board Report an accident

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  James Troughton 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

William Shaw
    Keymaster

We need to provide the council with evidence that this road has abnormally high vehicle accident rates. Unless there is injury, these statistics are not normally gathered by the council.

Please include as much detail as possible, including date, time of day and cost of repairs.

Catriona Norrish
    Participant

My car was written off by a drunk driver on the night of 4th November at 0300. I was legally parked in the permit section on Dyke Road Drive. The insurance company paid like-for-like. The car was three months old.

Catriona Norrish
    Participant

Also, my friend’s wing mirror was knocked off today, 15th February 2014. Parked in paying area on Dyke Road Drive. Not sure how much it will cost to repair.

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Thanks Catriona. I should imagine if we get the whole road to report this kind of stuff we may be able to get some movement from the Council. My niece had her axel broken last year by a car smashing into it. I’ll find the details.

Bruce Lindfield
    Participant

I have the feeling this was not caused by normal traffic, but rather was due to the roadworks which narrowed the road at the bend and created problems with parking – the road became overcrowded at this point.

Allan Grainger

The wing mirror cover on the drivers side of my car was damaged – the driver tried to squeeze pass an advancing car and hit the side mirror. The road in the minds of some drivers is a quick means from A to B. How to solve this perception of the road is one of the things we might want to focus on at the next meeting.

Allan Grainger

The cost to replace the wing mirror cover is £130, – it’s an expensive road to have a car.

Anonymous

The wing mirror on our black VW Polo has been hit at some point over the last week whilst parked in Dyke Road Drive. It’s badly damaged, don’t know cost of repair yet. This is the third wing mirror we have lost since moving into the road in September – the wing mirror on Phil’s van has been hit twice by passing vehicles whilst parked in our road.

frances c tiplady
    Participant

My partner was pulling out of a residents permit space outside my house to move my car for me. As usual there was no visibility due to the close parking, so he tentatively nudged out only to be hit by a speeding motorist in a relatively new vehicle, damaging her car in the process. Although the incident was witnessed by builders working nearby, it is almost impossible to prove that the speeding vehicle was in the wrong, so my partners insurance company paid out for some hugely exaggerated damage, dramatically increasing his premium. This accident happened in April, and I can be more precise about the date when we get the chance to check the paperwork.

James Troughton
    Participant

I spotted my passenger wing mirror glass broken on the road side on morning on 15th May 2014. This could have happened up to 3 days earlier. My car was parked on wall side of the road opposite about no 11 DRD, i.e. on the bend. I can recommend ebay for spare parts, as genuine part (with heated glass connections) was only £8.99. Also, I have been a victim of car vandalism on this road numerous times, smashed wing mirrors, ripped off rear wiper, ruined door lock and a bent open door! Fortunately the latest incident was about 4 or 5 years ago, so vandalism appears to have died down in recent years.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar