Rubbish

Home Forums Bulletin board Rubbish

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bruce Lindfield 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

William Shaw
    Keymaster

Anyone know what’s happened to the rubbish and recycling collection? The street is a mess.

Bruce Lindfield
    Participant

I know what’s happened although not why? So we have not been getting collections when they were supposed to be made. The last 2 re-cyling collections have not been made on the day specified in the calendar we got from the council.

Secondly the last 2 normal Monday collections have been missed – although they did come on Friday last week – how are we supposed to know when to put rubbish out, when the collections are so unpredictable!?

William Shaw
    Keymaster

What do you think we should do about it? Perhaps start by requesting a meeting with CityClean and ask for our councillors to be present? As Allan pointed out elsewhere, the way rubbish is kept on this street is far from great in the first place, given the narrowness of the pavement.

Bruce Lindfield
    Participant

This sounds like a good idea, but I do know people who have worked in this area in the council and from what they have said, I think you would be very lucky to get an answer from CityClean and even luckier to get them to talk to the council at the moment.

Bruce Lindfield
    Participant

Just to say that recently, the collections have become increasingly unpredictable – seeming to come on any day of the week. They also sent out a calendar for collections, which contradicts what is on the Council website.

There was a time when I knew when to put bins/boxes out – but now it is just hopeless and all you can do is to leave your bin/box out all week in the hope that they will come at some point.

The only hope we have, I think, is to get rid of the Green councillors,who seem to be ruining everything and antagonising contractors?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar